|author||Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@FreeBSD.org>||2021-10-15 21:51:52 +0000|
|committer||Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@FreeBSD.org>||2021-10-16 07:09:16 +0000|
security/denyhosts: fix whitespace in pkg-descr.
1 files changed, 2 insertions, 2 deletions
diff --git a/security/denyhosts/pkg-descr b/security/denyhosts/pkg-descr
index 7b16fdfde6e3..25e242be10ac 100644
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
DenyHosts is a utility developed by Phil Schwartz and maintained by a number of
developers which aims to thwart sshd (ssh server) brute force attacks.
-If you've ever looked at your ssh log (/var/log/auth.log ) you may be alarmed
+If you've ever looked at your ssh log (/var/log/auth.log) you may be alarmed
to see how many hackers attempted to gain access to your server.
Denyhosts helps you:
- Parses /var/log/auth.log to find all login attempts
@@ -10,7 +10,7 @@ Denyhosts helps you:
- For each host that exceeds a threshold count, records the evil host
- Keeps track of each non-existent user (eg. sdada) when a login attempt failed.
- Keeps track of each existing user (eg. root) when a login attempt failed.
-- Keeps track of each offending host (hosts can be purged )
+- Keeps track of each offending host (hosts can be purged)
- Keeps track of suspicious logins
- Keeps track of the file offset, so that you can reparse the same file
- When the log file is rotated, the script will detect it