|author||Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>||2012-03-25 03:55:47 +0000|
|committer||Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>||2012-03-25 03:55:47 +0000|
- Add LICENSE
- Add MAKE_JOBS_SAFE - Add OPTIONS for disabling Qt-based GUI support PR: 166020 Submitted by: Ports Fury Feature safe: yes
Notes: svn path=/head/; revision=293788
Diffstat (limited to 'deskutils/recoll/pkg-descr')
1 files changed, 14 insertions, 19 deletions
diff --git a/deskutils/recoll/pkg-descr b/deskutils/recoll/pkg-descr
index 1aa20b03f798..ecc4f749ede5 100644
@@ -1,24 +1,19 @@
-Recoll is a personal full text search package with a QT graphical
-interface. It is based on a very strong backend (Xapian), for which it
-provides an easy to use and feature-rich interface.
+Recoll is a personal full text search package. It is based on a very
+strong backend (Xapian), for which it provides an easy to use and
* Free, GPL license.
- * QT-based GUI.
- * Supports the following document types (and their compressed versions):
- - Natively: text, html, OpenOffice files, maildir and mailbox
- (Mozilla and Thunderbird mail ok) with attachments, gaim log files.
- - With external helpers: pdf (pdftotext), postscript (ghostscript),
- msword (antiword), excel, ppt (catdoc), rtf (unrtf),
- * Powerful query facilities, with boolean searches, phrases, filter on
- file types and directory tree.
- * Support for multiple charsets. Internal processing and storage uses
- Unicode UTF-8.
- * Stemming performed at query time (can switch stemming language after
- * Easy installation. No database daemon, web server or exotic language
- * An indexer which runs either as a thread inside the GUI or as an
- external, cron'able program.
+ * Easy installation, few dependancies. No database daemon, web server,
+ desktop environment or exotic language necessary.
+ * Will run on most Unix-based systems
+ * Qt 4 GUI, plus command line.
+ * Searches most common document types, emails and their attachments.
+ Transparently handles decompression (gzip, bzip2).
+ * Powerful query facilities, with boolean searches, phrases, proximity,
+ wildcards, filter on file types and directory tree.
+ * Multi-language and multi-character set with Unicode based internals.
+ * Extensive documentation, with a complete user manual and manual pages
+ for each command.