Recoll is a personal full text search package with a QT graphical
interface. It is based on a very strong backend (Xapian), for which it
provides an easy to use and feature-rich interface.
* Free, GPL license.
* QT-based GUI.
* Supports the following document types (and their compressed versions):
- Natively: text, html, OpenOffice files, maildir and mailbox
(Mozilla and Thunderbird mail ok), gaim log files.
- With external helpers: pdf (pdftotext), postscript (ghostscript),
msword (antiword), rtf (unrtf).
* Powerful query facilities, with boolean searches, phrases, filter on
file types and directory tree.
* Support for multiple charsets. Internal processing and storage uses
* Stemming performed at query time (can switch stemming language after
* Easy installation. No database daemon, web server or exotic language
* An indexer which runs either as a thread inside the GUI or as an
external, cron'able program.