blob: 1acaa1fdfdd3e1d63325bd02fbed2f4fed8b8872 (plain
DJBDNS is a collection of Domain Name System tools. It includes
* The dnscache program is a local DNS cache. It accepts recursive DNS
queries from local clients such as web browsers. It collects
responses from remote DNS servers.
* The tinydns program is a fast, UDP-only DNS server. It makes local
DNS information available to the Internet.
* The pickdns program is a load-balancing DNS server. It points
clients to a dynamic selection of IP addresses.
* The walldns program is a reverse DNS wall. It provides matching
reverse and forward records while hiding local host information.
* The dns library handles outgoing and incoming DNS packets. It can be
used by clients such as web browsers to look up host addresses, host
names, MX records, etc. It supports asynchronous resolution.
* The dnsfilter program is a parallel IP-address-to-host-name
* The dnsip, dnsipq, dnsname, dnstxt, and dnsmx programs are simple
command-line interfaces to DNS.
* The dnsq and dnstrace programs are DNS debugging tools.
Documentation is at the website below,