blob: 6d5e53504e9c9d8b8e655c0829e78b9fbb756ece (plain
Unbound is designed as a set of modular components, so that also
DNSSEC (secure DNS) validation and stub-resolvers (that do not run as
a server, but are linked into an application) are easily possible.
* A validating recursive DNS resolver.
* Code diversity in the DNS resolver monoculture.
* Drop-in replacement for BIND apart from config.
* DNSSEC support.
* Fully RFC compliant.
* High performance, even with validation enabled.
* Used as: stub resolver, full caching name server, resolver library.
* Elegant design of validator, resolver, cache modules.
o provide the ability to pick and choose modules.
* In C, open source: The BSD license.
* Smallest as possible component that does the job.
* Stub-zones can be configured (local data or AS112 zones).
* An authoritative name server.
* Too many Features.