blob: 021da753a5342bd338ee6a0d448476cfb6621562 (plain
Alpine is a screen-oriented message-handling tool for news, and POP, IMAP,
and local e-mail. In its default configuration it offers a limited set of
functions geared toward the novice user, but it also has a large list of
optional "power-user" and personal-preference features.
Alpine's basic feature set includes:
* View, Save, Export, Delete, Print, Reply and Forward messages.
Compose messages in a simple editor with word-wrap and a
spelling checker. Messages may be postponed for later completion.
* Selection and management of message folders.
* Address book to keep a list of long or frequently-used
addresses. Personal distribution lists may be defined.
Addresses may be taken into the address book from incoming mail
without retyping them.
* New mail checking/notification occurs automatically (configurable).
* On-line, context-sensitive help screens.
Alpine supports MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions), an Internet
Standard for representing multipart and multimedia data in email.