blob: c020f824534a288c9df96f3a008e99f01e91f625 (plain
libdvdcss is a simple library designed for accessing DVDs like a block device
without having to bother about the decryption. The important features are:
- Portability. Currently supported platforms are GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, BeOS
- The MacOS X version is being worked on as well.
- Simplicity. There are currently 7 functions in the API, and we intend to
keep this number low.
- Freedom. libdvdcss is released under the General Public License, ensuring
it will stay free, and used only for free software products.
- Just better. Unlike most similar projects, libdvdcss doesn't require the
region of your drive to be set.