* Copyright (C) 1995, 1996, 1997 Wolfgang Solfrank
* Copyright (c) 1995 Martin Husemann
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by Martin Husemann
* and Wolfgang Solfrank.
* 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
* may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
* without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
* IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
* INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
* NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
* DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
* THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
* (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
* THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
* $NetBSD: ext.h,v 1.6 2000/04/25 23:02:51 jdolecek Exp $
#define LOSTDIR "LOST.DIR"
extern int alwaysno; /* assume "no" for all questions */
extern int alwaysyes; /* assume "yes" for all questions */
extern int preen; /* we are preening */
extern int rdonly; /* device is opened read only (supersedes above) */
extern char *fname; /* file system currently checked */
extern struct dosDirEntry *rootDir;
* function declarations
int ask(int, const char *, ...) __attribute__((__format__(__printf__,2,3)));
* Check file system given as arg
int checkfilesys(const char *);
* Return values of various functions
#define FSOK 0 /* Check was OK */
#define FSBOOTMOD 1 /* Boot block was modified */
#define FSDIRMOD 2 /* Some directory was modified */
#define FSFATMOD 4 /* The FAT was modified */
#define FSERROR 8 /* Some unrecovered error remains */
#define FSFATAL 16 /* Some unrecoverable error occured */
#define FSDIRTY 32 /* File system is dirty */
#define FSFIXFAT 64 /* Fix file system FAT */
* read a boot block in a machine independend fashion and translate
* it into our struct bootblock.
int readboot(int, struct bootblock *);
* Correct the FSInfo block.
int writefsinfo(int, struct bootblock *);
* Read one of the FAT copies and return a pointer to the new
* allocated array holding our description of it.
int readfat(int, struct bootblock *, int, struct fatEntry **);
* Check two FAT copies for consistency and merge changes into the
* first if neccessary.
int comparefat(struct bootblock *, struct fatEntry *, struct fatEntry *, int);
* Check a FAT
int checkfat(struct bootblock *, struct fatEntry *);
* Write back FAT entries
int writefat(int, struct bootblock *, struct fatEntry *, int);
* Read a directory
int resetDosDirSection(struct bootblock *, struct fatEntry *);
int handleDirTree(int, struct bootblock *, struct fatEntry *);
* Cross-check routines run after everything is completely in memory
* Check for lost cluster chains
int checklost(int, struct bootblock *, struct fatEntry *);
* Try to reconnect a lost cluster chain
int reconnect(int, struct bootblock *, struct fatEntry *, cl_t);
* Small helper functions
* Return the type of a reserved cluster as text
* Clear a cluster chain in a FAT
void clearchain(struct bootblock *, struct fatEntry *, cl_t);