|author||Ed Maste <emaste@FreeBSD.org>||2019-06-18 14:13:52 +0000|
|committer||Ed Maste <emaste@FreeBSD.org>||2019-06-18 14:13:52 +0000|
Remove sys/capability.h for the third time
In all supported (and most unsupported) FreeBSD versions the appropriate header for Capsicum is sys/capsicum.h. Software including sys/capability.h is most likely looking for Linux capabilities based on the withdrawn POSIX.1e draft. This header was previously removed in r334929 and r340156, but reverted each time due to ports failures. These issues have now (broadly) been addressed. PR: 228878 [exp-run] Submitted by: eadler (r334929) Relnotes: Yes Sponsored by: The FreeBSD Foundation
Notes: svn path=/head/; revision=349170
2 files changed, 2 insertions, 47 deletions
diff --git a/ObsoleteFiles.inc b/ObsoleteFiles.inc
index 5b08047b9e55..4e36abd0ef50 100644
@@ -38,6 +38,8 @@
# xargs -n1 | sort | uniq -d;
+# 20190618: sys/capability.h removed (sys/capsicum.h is the one to use)
# 20190615: sys/pwm.h renamed to dev/pwmc.h
# 20190612: new clang import which bumps version from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1.
diff --git a/sys/sys/capability.h b/sys/sys/capability.h
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,47 +0,0 @@
- * SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-2-Clause-FreeBSD
- * Copyright (c) 2014 Robert N. M. Watson
- * All rights reserved.
- * This software was developed at the University of Cambridge Computer
- * Laboratory with support from a grant from Google, Inc.
- * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
- * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
- * are met:
- * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
- * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
- * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
- * documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
- * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
- * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
- * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
- * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
- * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
- * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
- * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
- * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
- * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
- * SUCH DAMAGE.
- * $FreeBSD$
- * Historically, the key userspace and kernel Capsicum definitions were found
- * in this file. However, it conflicted with POSIX.1e's capability.h, so has
- * been renamed capsicum.h. The file remains for backwards compatibility
- * reasons as a nested include. It is expected to be removed before
- * FreeBSD 13.
-#warning this file includes <sys/capability.h> which is deprecated
-#endif /* !_SYS_CAPABILITY_H_ */