- Don't trust hostnames provided by client - Win95 allows *spaces* in
- Be lenient in parsing client-hostname statement in case a bad hostname
- Change size_t to ssize_t in return values where a negative number
is used to indicate an error.
- Always write out two digits for single-byte quantities in arrays.
- When parsing a lease database, correctly transfer the client
hostname and hostname to the memory-resident lease structure.
- If the lease we want to give the client is different than the
one it's asking for, and we recognize the one it's asking for as
ours, NAK it.
- Only accept a DHCPRELEASE or DHCPNAK if the client supplies an IP
address and the lease corresponding to that address is available to
- Make it a warning rather than an error if resolv.conf is missing.
- Add client-hostname token to lexer so that the parser can use it.
Fixes a serious lease database bug.
- Disable log message on receipt of short ICMP Echo replies.
- Added DHCP Client scripts for FreeBSD, Solaris, and Linux, but
they're not guaranteed to work.
- Added some Cygwin32 (Windows NT/Windows 95) support, but this is not
sufficiently complete to be useful yet.
- Updated README
- Put something useful in TODO - formerly it mostly listed projects
that were way out on the back burner.
In DHCP Client:
- Add default, supersede, prepend and append option support, so that a
client can override or modify server-supplied options, and provide
default values if the server provides no values.
- Add reject keyword, so that packets from rogue DHCP or BOOTP servers
can be rejected out of hand.
- Added support for booting from BOOTP servers.
- Added BOOTP flag to client lease declaration, to indicated that a
particular lease was acquired through a BOOTP server.
- Don't try to do INIT-REBOOT on leases acquired from BOOTP servers.
- Print server's IP address instead of its IP address when logging
DHCP/BOOTP messages received by client.
- Fix some bugs in saved lease activation.
- Fix some scripting bugs.
- New sample dhclient.conf script demonstrates new features.
In common code:
- Partially implemented asynchronous DNS lookups.
- Fixed some bugs in dispatch routine.
- Fix date parsing bug that was setting dates forward one day every
time dhcpd was restarted (this has been fixed for a while in the 1.0
- Change name-server option name to ien116-name-server so as to reduce
the potential for confusion.
DHCP Relay daemon:
- Fixed an operator precedence bug having to do with the broadcast
- Add support to record the client-supplied hostname in the lease file,
for better readability.
- Fixed a bug in the renewal code that resulted in the server ignoring
unicast renewals from non-local subnets. This bug caused some
heartburn for Win95 machines.
- Copy ciaddr from saved ciaddr, not from giaddr.
- New -t flag tests /etc/dhcpd.conf for syntax errors.